The Touch Board is based on the Arduino Leonardo, for compatibility with the Arduino IDE. It uses code to reset the board before uploading, and sometimes this code gets confused. To fix this issue, follow these instructions:
- Open the Arduino IDE
- Plug in and turn on the Touch Board
- Press the reset button
- Make sure that you don't have any menus open in the Arduino IDE
- While the L LED is flashing, select the correct port from the Tools -> Port menu in the Arduino IDE (you have about 8 seconds to do this)
- Ensure that Bare Conductive Touch Board is selected in the Tools -> Board menu in the IDE
- Allow the L LED to stop flashing
- With the code that you want to upload open in the IDE, click the upload button and immediately after press and hold the reset button on the board
- Release the reset button at the point where the text above the black console at the bottom of the screen changes to "Uploading..."
This should fix the issue and the next time you upload it should just work as normal.